Professional Shipping Services: Importing cars from Singapore to Australia
AUTOHUB offers professional international car shipping services around the world, including from Singapore to Australia.
- Door-to-door fixed-price service for a straightforward importing experience.
- RoRo (roll-on, roll-off) shipping.
We offer import and export services from Singapore to Australia
AUTOHUB’s streamlined process and years of experience shipping cars ensure your vehicle is kept safe throughout the entire importation process from Singapore to Australia. We ensure your experience shipping vehicles from Singapore is worry-free.
Why choose AUTHOHUB
- We are trusted shipping partners and will take complete care of your vehicle when shipping it from Singapore to Australia.
- We offer several shipments each month from Singapore to Australia.
- We offer buyers and sellers complete security, including facilitating payment, to help ensure a smooth and secure transaction.
- We take care of the many factors involved in shipping cars from Singapore. We offer a single fixed price, which gives you peace of mind that you won’t be faced with any hidden shipping-related costs.
AUTOHUB vehicle shipping services from Singapore
When shipping a vehicle from Singapore we can help with the following services:
- Receive the vehicle at an export centre.
- Take care of the necessary pre-export Singapore clearance process.
- Provide full shipping services to import the vehicle to Australia.
- Collect the vehicle from the port of discharge.
- Transport it to your specified destination address in Australia.
Services provided by AUTOHUB
AUTOHUB can transport your vehicle from Singapore using our comprehensive Door-to-Door (D2D) service. Below is a list of the services we offer.
- BAF (Bunker Fuel Charges)
- Payment of applicable duties and taxes
- Total loss insurance while your car is in our care
- Customs clearance (if required)
- Quarantine inspections (if required)
NZ Compliance and tax requirements
Australia has strict quarantine rules when you wish to import a vehicle into the country. For example, all vehicles must arrive without any biological material or dirt. So, while Australia is a relatively close neighbour to Singapore, it’s still important to understand and follow car importation guidelines.
The most common reasons for importing a vehicle from Singapore into Australia are when someone is migrating to live in Australia, and bringing their car, or temporarily importing a vehicle. As well as passing compliance requirements, the following applies:
Migrating to Australia. If you are migrating from Singapore to Australia, the government has a vehicle import permit specific to your situation. You must have lived overseas and owned your car for more than 12 months to be eligible under the Personal Import Scheme and you can only import one vehicle every five years.
Temporary imports. For Temporary Importation, you must have a Carnet de Passages. The car must not be sold in Australia and must be re-exported back to the originating country within 12 months. You will also have to pay a bond or have a bank guarantee covering the import taxes for customs purposes.
Vehicle compliance requirements in Australia
To import a vehicle into Australia, you must first apply for approval under the Road Vehicle Standards (RVS) laws for a single road vehicle approval. Most vehicles can be imported through the Register of Approved Vehicles, which is a database of vehicles that have met the requirements of the RVS legislation and are approved for the Australian market.
Who can apply:
- Car enthusiasts wanting to import specialist or older vehicles.
- People moving to Australia who wish to bring their car with them.
- Manufacturers or importers of special-purpose vehicles.
Note: You’ll need to apply even if you’re not intending to use the vehicle on public roads, for example, for exhibitions, races, or test vehicles, or if you’re reimporting a vehicle previously approved for use on Australian roads.
To begin the process of importing a vehicle into Australia you will need to complete an online application through their online portal ROVER. Processing of this application can take up to 60 days.
Australia has a zero-tolerance policy for asbestos and all vehicles must be tested and confirmed as asbestos-free before obtaining customs clearance. AUTOHUB can provide contacts for the pre-shipment inspection and certification of vehicles, so that affected parts can be replaced before shipping.
Vehicle exporting from Singapore
As well as the cost of shipping the vehicle to Australia, you will also need to pay import taxes and duties, depending on the age and type of vehicle.
- Import duty – 5%. For vehicles up to 30 years old. Import duty isn’t charged on vehicles over 30 years old.
- Import GST – 10%.
- Luxury car tax – 33% on luxury cars costing over AUD $57,180.
Vehicle exporting from Singapore
Exporting a vehicle from Singapore has several requirements. Here are some of the main ones:
- Certificate of Entitlement (COE). The vehicle must have a valid COE – a permit that allows it to be used on Singapore’s roads – if it is to be driven to the port for shipping.
- Road tax. The road tax for the vehicle must be up to date.
- Export documents. The vehicle owner must obtain the necessary documents for exporting the vehicle, including an Export Certificate, a Customs Permit, and a Carnet de Passage.
- Additional taxes. Depending on the vehicle’s age and value, the owner may need to pay additional taxes before the vehicle can be exported.
- De-registration. The vehicle owner must de-register the vehicle with the Land Transport Authority (LTA) before exporting it. This involves returning the number plates to the LTA, cancelling the road tax, and surrendering its COE.
Note: It’s recommended you seek professional advice before proceeding with the export process. AUTOHUB can help with this.
You must give AUTOHUB the exact dimensions of any vehicles over 20m3 in size, so we can provide an accurate quote.
If you are unsure if the vehicle you’re considering importing from Singapore meets Australian vehicle import criteria, our expert team can provide you with advice and give you peace of mind before you make a purchase.
Customers who import vehicles into Australia from Singapore with our Door-to-Door (D2D) package benefit from comprehensive insurance coverage.
Your car will be covered under Institute Cargo Clause A, which provides cover for all risks associated with loss or damage to the vehicle. It commences when AUTOHUB takes care and control of your vehicle and continues during transit until it is delivered to your nominated local delivery address in Australia.
Insurance covers total loss, collision damage, and fire and theft of non-modified, driveable, road-going vehicles and items only.
Learn more about our comprehensive insurance coverage on our transit insurance for vehicle shipping page.
We have many satisfied customers who have used our services to import vehicles from Singapore to key destinations around the world, including New Zealand, New Zealand, the UK, and Japan.
Here’s what some of our clients have to say:
Awesome to work with!
The service Autohub team provides is always professional and impressive. Very easy to communicate with, fast reaction and always friendly. They try to respond to my multiple requests and it is major help for my business.
Thank you for Autohub team.
As a leading company in the motor vehicle industry, it is vital that our suppliers have equally high standards to our own to ensure a supply chain that is as seamless as possible.
From the time Autohub were established, they have played an important part of that equation for us.
Always professional and available, experienced staff have dealt with any issues quickly and with a result that reiterates how importantly Autohub value us as a customer, helping to ensure our clients are getting the best buyding and ownership experience from us in a competitive environment.
Paul Kelly Motor Company