Exporting from Japan
Do you want to export a Japanese car to the Australian market? AUTOHUB offers a complete package to handle every aspect of export from Japan to Australia, all for a confirmed fixed price. You can be confident of a smooth secure business transaction and seller complete security.
Services Provided by AUTOHUB, including Vehicle Import Approval
You can either use AUTOHUB to ship your cool cars from Door to Door (D2D) or choose which elements of our professional service meet your needs. Below is a breakdown of the services we offer.
- A Gate-In survey and photos in Japan when we take control of the vehicle.
- Steam cleaning of the vehicle.
- Removal of air conditioning gas (if required).
- Testing and removal of asbestos (if required).
- Odometer check.
- Japan Port Service Charges.
- BAF (Bunker Fuel Charges).
- Payment of any duties and taxes owed.
- The organisation of Australian Customs Clearance and luxury car tax, if applicable.
- Quarantine inspection through the Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment.
- Full insurance while the car is in our care, until the car arrived.
- Internal Australian document fees and internal Australia shipping, if required.
Customs Clearance in Japan
AUTOHUB has customs clearance yards located at all major ports in Japan, so no matter where in the Japanese domestic market you’re looking to export your dream car from, we can help.
- You’ll need to pay a shipping charge for Japanese cars, which includes a clearance fee to AUTOHUB Japan.
- You may also choose to use your own customs broker in Japan and book a shipment with AUTOHUB Japan. In this case, the shipping charge will need to be paid directly to your appointed customs agent.
- If the vehicle you’re shipping from Japan is larger than 20m3 please provide AUTOHUB with the exact dimensions of the vehicle when requesting a quote. This will help us provide a more accurate price, based on shipping requirements.
- Some commercial vehicles or machinery may have additional customs duties, which will be added to the supplied quote.
- Is the vehicle drivable? If you’re shipping a vehicle that cannot be driven, please provide AUTOHUB with details of why the vehicle isn’t operational, so we can arrange for the appropriate shipping type and provide an accurate quote.
Why Choose Autohub Services
- AUTOHUB is not a yes no company. We can take care of your imported car in both the country of export and import, including export clearance, and liaison with the auction house, if applicable.
- We offer several shipments each month from Japan, Australia, NZ, Singapore, Hong Kong and the UK. We liaise with both the seller and buyer if required.
- We offer buyers and sellers complete security, including facilitating payment, to help ensure a smooth and secure business transaction.
- We pioneered the AUTOHUB D2D one stop, fixed price, guaranteed vehicle delivery system to Australia and NZ.
- We operate as an impartial co-operative of sellers and buyers. This lets us negotiate excellent services and prices with suppliers, to pass on to customers.
- We take care of the many factors involved in shipping cars under one discounted and guaranteed fixed price, giving our customers peace of mind. No import monster with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to transfer a car from Japan to Australia?
There are a range of price options available if you wish to import a car from Japan to Australia. Factors that affect price include the port in Australia and the size of the vehicle (a common vehicle is a Toyota Supra), as well as internal Australia shipping, import taxes, customs, quarantine, and clearance charges (if applicable).
2. Can you save money on Japanese imports?
Cars manufactured in Japan can be cheaper than Australian new cars, however, they must meet a range of approved standards before they can be registered for use on Australian roads. Some people also choose to import from Japan to get specific models not found in Australian dealerships.
3. Is there an age restriction on importing cars from Japan?
Australia allows the importation of right hand drive cars that are 15 years or older on the date it lands in Australia.
4. How long does it take to ship a new car from Japan to Australia?
It usually takes 20-30 days to ship a car from Japan, assuming a normal shipping flow. This depends on the origin and destination port and various other factors. However, the processing of the initial import application through ROVER can take up to 60 days.
5. What does AUTOHUB take care of when importing or exporting a car?
There are many aspects to importing a car from Japan to Australia before export certificate issued. These include:
- A detailed registration history certificate
- Electronic stability control checks
- Completion inspection certificate
- Fuel consumption certificate showing all checkpoints
- Model code checks
- Prove previous registration
- Confirmation of original export certificate issued
- Confirmation of three digit emissions code
- Test vehicle condition
- Check purchase receipts
- Check previous owners, including legal owner status.